Why Join Altec?
The Midwest campus of Altec Industries has an opening for an Engineer – Maintenance on First Shift. Be part of the team ensuring that machinery, equipment, systems and infrastructure run smoothly and reliably in Altec Pangea, our world-class manufacturing operation.
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- ABET EAC certified Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must effectively interact with other associates, departments, operations, distributors, vendors, customers, etc.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying
- Must be able to troubleshoot and help assist in fixing automated systems
- Able to work to identify and increase condition base monitoring on assets
- General PLC skills required; Oracle/EAM experience preferred
- PLC Programming and Troubleshooting required
- Join an industry leader. Altec’s primary products – Made in America – include Aerial Devices, Digger Derricks, Cranes, Chippers, Tracked Equipment, and Specialty Products. They can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. In addition to our 8 major manufacturing facilities, Altec has three final assembly plants, 40+ service centers and an extensive network of field service technicians.
- Settle in with an Original Equipment Manufacturer in an Essential Industry (supporting Utilities, Tree Care, & Telecom)
- Share your passion within a like-minded, collaborative team environment
- Maintain career focus, with growth & development encouraged within Altec
- Competitive Compensation that rewards performance
- Comprehensive Benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation
- Values that include Enjoyment of Work and Family
- Participate and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts
- Learn Altec’s product lines and systems/rules/processes required for different Engineering roles at Altec
- Practice prudent engineering and effectively apply formal engineering training adding to the overall effectiveness of the Engineering Group and enhancement of Altec’s position within the product line
- Operates with appropriate entry-level decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment
- Know and apply fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the engineering field
- Communicate with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation as appropriate
- Support Operations, Sales, and Service
- Interface directly with Suppliers and Customers
- Learn and utilize Lean principles to improve our products and processes
- Participate on various sizes of Altec projects
- Work within any of the Altec departments as assigned to grow knowledge and skill for future Altec positions
Family-owned since 1929, Altec has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. “More than just building equipment, we also build relationships.” Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.