Why Join Altec?
Are you a highly motivated, people-oriented person with a passion for the power of data analysis and its importance in decision-making? In addition to ordering new equipment, pricing calculation, and invoicing, the successful candidate will analyze data to maximize the efficiency of this energetic business unit.
Global Rental, an Altec subsidiary, offers rental equipment, units for sale, and access to our “Storm Fleet,” providing equipment when our customers need it most. We offer a comprehensive line of equipment for the municipal, tree care, contractor, lights and signs, telecommunications and electric utility industries. This active fleet is consistently updated with the latest aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and other specialty equipment for customers to rent.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PC skills using Microsoft Office including Excel, Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of equipment sales margins & yield calculations
- Two plus years of applicable experience
- Equipment industry knowledge
Be part of a fun, collaborative team that understands the value of its team members, strives to make a lasting impact, and believes in and upholds the company values.
- Settle in with an Original Equipment Manufacturer in an Essential Industry (supporting Utilities, Tree Care, & Telecom)
- Join an industry leader. Altec’s primary products – Made in America – can be found in over 100 countries around the world. In addition to our 8 major manufacturing facilities, Altec has three final assembly plants, 40+ service centers and an extensive network of field service technicians.
- Share your passion within a like-minded, collaborative team environment
- Maintain career focus, with growth & development encouraged within Altec
- Competitive Compensation that rewards performance
- Comprehensive Benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, company events, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation
- Values that include Enjoyment of Work and Family
- Develop, present, and lead research projects to facilitate and support the growth initiatives of Global Rental Company
- Effectively communicate data and analysis to internal groups, peers, and management
- Conduct real time research and analysis on an as needed basis to support Sales and/or Customer driven needs
- Use experience to create innovative approaches to qualitative research and analysis, content delivery/communication, and project documentation
- Develop positive professional relationships with a board spectrum of the organization while providing effective customer service
- Acquire a working knowledge of existing processes to apply the learned knowledge to assigned tasks and projects
- Apply analytics and models to calculate market share, identify new sales opportunities, and develop key performance indicators
- Calculate pricing to ensure accuracy for quotes on rentals, buy-outs and direct sales
- Handle invoicing and supporting documents for direct sales
- Communicate with Account Managers on a daily basis regarding pricing and availability of equipment for sale
- Stay informed and maintains knowledge of market pricing on all units
- Communicate status of market pricing to Sales Manager on a scheduled basis
- All other duties as assigned
Family-owned since 1929, Altec has the reach and resources of a large organization with the heart of a local firm. “More than just building equipment, we also build relationships.” Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.