Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Manages Engineering systems and systems strategies to support business and user needs. Acts as major liaison with senior management and other managers to identify business system needs. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Work closely with Altec Fleet Services, Market Managers and all Engineering Teams to define and implement the long-term systems vision, dependencies and systems requirements for Engineering.
- Manage the engineering functional systems leads
- Be responsible for all purchased engineering systems, including Teamcenter and SolidWorks.
- Manage contracts and negotiations for Engineering Systems
- Manages the staffing process, such as scheduling and hiring to ensure levels are sufficient; holds associates accountable for work quality and performance and manages this performance by developing and communicating excellent standards of production and service
- Directs the compliance of staff with administrative policies and procedures; Directs training programs to ensure understanding and compliance
- Ensure that a high level of quality and security is maintained in Altec systems
- Prioritize work to be done by IS team, along with other members of Information Services management
- Ensure the Altec Agile methodology is followed for all Systems work.
- Communicate with members of Altec management team on a regular basis to identify areas where information services can be of the most benefit
- Lead long range planning efforts and actively participate in accomplishment of strategic initiatives identified in the Information Services Strategic Plan
- Actively manage Information Services costs and budget
- Ensure Information Services is communicating effectively with the management, business teams and users
- Ensure Information Service procedures are documented, followed and communicated throughout our business, as appropriate
- Ensure Altec users and managers and adequately trained and have organized, up- to-date training materials
- Ensure Altec systems users are well supported
- Ensure appropriate change control procedures are in place and followed
- Work outside of standard business hours to resolve issues or complete special projects, as needed
- All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable discipline and ten years applicable experience required.
- Broad and deep understanding of one or more major Altec systems -ERP financial, CRM, HR & Payroll, Core Manufacturing (Development or Consulting), Telecommunications, Operations or Security
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Customer Service Oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Travel 0-25%
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
- Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
- Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
- Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.