Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
Purchases materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors based upon pre-established guidelines. Works under immediate supervision in evaluating vendor quotes and/or services in order to determine the most desirable suppliers.
• Purchases components and services related to the manufacture of finished product, maintenance, repair and operations
• Makes transportation arrangements for merchandise and ensures compliance with corporate transportation guidelines
• Expedites components for faster delivery dates to meet production requirements
• Authorizes payment of invoices
• Researches and resolves receipt discrepancies
• Arranges for the return of merchandise
• Manages part deliveries and reschedules/cancels incoming shipments to meet production demand
• Coordinates with suppliers to obtain desired products
• Maintains system data integrity
• Operates spreadsheets and word processing software
• Performs other recordkeeping duties
• Must be willing to participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
• All other duties as assigned
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Degree or equivalent required
• Four-Year Bachelor degree OR APICS or NAPM certification required
• Microsoft Office suite experience required.
• Prior manufacturing industry experience preferred
• Knowledge of supply chain principles and concepts preferred
• Prior Oracle experience preferred
• Some travel (up to 10%) may be required
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.