Why Join Altec?
The Altec Service Group has service centers and an extensive fleet of mobile service vehicles and technicians across the United States and Canada. This critical position is responsible for providing excellent customer support and satisfaction within the Service Support areas: Administrative, Inventory, Parts and Estimating. Responds to customer inquiries and resolves customer issues. Provides updates to Team Lead for internal teams on customer needs that contribute to the customer satisfaction.
Altec Parts Distribution
- Conducts parts order entry, form entry as directed per established standards.
- Determines correct billing requirements to fulfill requests accurately and timely.
- Researches parts accurately and consistently per established standards.
- Reconciles requests for parts order follow up and escalates as required.
- Conducts required parts research through applicable Parts Pages, Bills of Materials, Installed Base and related locations per established standards under the direction of Supervision.
- Acts as Customer Champion by providing dedicated support and order status reports directly to key customer contacts and account managers.
- Attends and/or conducts peer to peer training as appropriate.
- Builds a relationship with customers based on respect and service, with professionalism and using proper etiquette.
- Practices follow-up with customers on all research or responses to expedite requests.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required and
- Three years of experience in industry related field required (i.e. Customer Service with manufactured products or product services; Material Support or inventory control for manufactured products; or Service Writing in a dealership) or in a similar job function
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) and
- One years’ experience in industry related field required (i.e. Customer Service with manufactured products or product services; Material Support or inventory control for manufactured products; or Service Writing in a dealership) or in a similar job function
- Experience in an Administrative Support role preferred
- Must have demonstrated experience of providing high volume levels of customer support
- Strong Computer Skills, especially in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid team player with a collaborative nature
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple transactions
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Extremely detail oriented
- Customer Service Oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Travel 0-25%
Altec is a manufacturing company, Made in America. Altec associates are empowered to build products that make a difference to our customers, communities, and industry. We are building on 90+ years of knowledge, experience, and relationships, working to add value to the electric utility, telecom, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values.
Value-Driven: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
U.S. Military Veterans and Spouses are Encouraged to Apply as many MOS codes relate to equipment
Competitive pay which rewards performance and a comprehensive benefits package.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.