Customer First Enjoyment of Work Family Financial Stability Integrity People Are Our Greatest Strength Quality Spiritual Development Teamwork
Join Altec's Engineering Team
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The incumbent works in an entry-level capacity under the guidance of more experienced engineer and associates.
• Learns Altec’s product lines and systems/rules/processes required for different Engineering roles at Altec.
• Practices prudent engineering and effectively apply formal engineering training adding to the overall effectiveness of the Engineering Group and enhancement of Altec’s position within the product line
• Participates and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts
• Operates with appropriate entry-level decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment
• Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the engineering field
• Communicates with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation as appropriate
• Provides technical support to sales associates
• Supports Operations, Sales, and Service
• Interfaces directly with Suppliers and Customers
• Learns and Utilize Lean principles to improve our products and processes
• Works on various sizes of Altec projects
• Works within any of the Altec departments as assigned to grow knowledge and skill for future Altec positions
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required.
• EIT registration or ability to obtain registration required.
• Current valid Driver's License
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program, Retirement 401(k) Program, Vacation and Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance Program, Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.