Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
Design, implement, and maintain application and data integration strategies, architectures, and solutions in support of business objectives.
- Help to Create, document, and continuously improve the strategy, architecture, and standards for enterprise integration.
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements, define scope, and estimate relative effort for new integration projects
- Analyze business process and underlying systems to understand and document integration points
- Design, implement, and test integrations across cloud, SaaS, and on-premise applications, systems, and services to support business objectives
- Ensure that standards and security best practices are followed
- Document work needed from involved systems to support an integration, and coordinate with system specific teams to schedule and coordinate that work
- Ensure integrations can be easily monitored to ensure reliability and early detection of issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with integrations
- Create and maintain documentation on integration architecture components, including data catalogs, data flow diagrams, API definitions, etc
- Leverage application and/or data integration platforms and assist with their administration and configuration
- Create, maintain, and communicate integration project roadmaps and timelines
- Works with minimal supervision; mentors others; directs the work of others and may have direct reports.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to an exceptional candidate with seven years relevant work experience.
- Experience translating business requirements into detailed technical design
- Experience with the entire API development lifecycle
- At least five years of experience building enterprise systems
- Experience with enterprise integration patterns
- Experience with data or application integration platforms such as MuleSoft, Boomi, or Informatica is a plus
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Oracle Cloud Infrastructure data and integration technologies is a plus
The job level may be modified upward based on the qualifications of the candidate
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Follow internal development processes and standards
- Maintain company confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills\
- Provide user support for Altec associates via phone, email and in person
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolves issues or complete special projects
- Track and maintain constant communication with the customer from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Remain highly adaptable
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to perform job duties up to 25%.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.