Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work “Safer and Smarter.” Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
Customer First Enjoyment of Work Family Financial Stability Integrity People Are Our Greatest Strength Quality Spiritual Development Teamwork
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To receive and stock material to support production needs
- Use and conduct proper care of PPE.
- Read and understand technical documents.
- Unload all incoming body loads.
- Inspect all bodies for damage and make sure the information is correct on serial plates and PDI stickers and verify all ship loose parts.
- Mark all bodies with config#, date received and signature
- Put bodies away in an organized manner to make sure oldest bodies are accessible (FIFO) to be used first.
- Transport bodies to from paint shop to be painted, repaired or gatorhide.
- Locate and deliver parts and components to lines as required.
- Monitor materials on Kanban and turn-in as needed.
- Receive, count, inspect shipments and move to proper locations.
- Load outgoing and unload incoming shipments.
- Interact with vendors and shippers in a professional and safe manner.
- Keep paperwork up to date.
- Transport hazardous material as needed.
- Routinely inspect fork truck.
- Support the Altec Production System (APS).
- Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment.
- Maintain daily time records.
- Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Computer knowledge is required.
- Previous material handling experience is required.
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Keep a clean work area (5S).
- Assist co-workers as needed.
- May participate in RCI events.
- May be required to learn Altec programs and/or systems.
- May be required to drive trucks onsite and/or offsite.
- Shift work may be required.
- Ability to obtain forklift certification if required.
- CDL may be required based on location.
Responsibility for Safety:
- Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
- Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
- Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
- Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.