Why Join Altec?
Altec Capital Services (ACS) is currently looking for a Sr. Accounting Manager in Birmingham, AL. This position supervises all areas related to financial preparation, recording and reporting, developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries throughout the world. Altec Capital offers customized lease and purchase financing solutions, to make every purchase more affordable and convenient for our customers.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 6 years minimum professional accounting experience in public or 8 years in corporate accounting, with a minimum of 2 years of Accounting Manager experience
- CPA license preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of U. S. and international accounting principles (including U.S.GAAP and IFRS) and demonstrated expertise in accounting operations, budgeting, financial statement preparation, internal control management, auditing and financial analysis preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite skills, specifically, Excel, Word and PowerPoint required; Working knowledge in Oracle database preferred
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Mechanical aptitude, product or industry knowledge preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
Please apply directly on our website https://jobs.altec.com/
U.S. Military Veterans and Spouses are Encouraged to Apply See https://altecveteranrecruiting.com
- Performs resource planning for the Accounting team including resource assignment, scheduling, identifying resource needs and hiring of resources to ensure levels are sufficient in order to meet team deadlines.
- Perform, assign and supervise the various tasks involved in the month-end close process.
- Resolves complex issues involving multiple accounts or across departments.
- Prepares complex/assumption-based accounting journal entries and analysis.
- Holds associates accountable for work quality and performance and manages through developing and communicating excellent standards of production and service while in a leadership role
- Directs the compliance of staff with administrative policies and procedures; Directs training programs to ensure understanding and compliance while in a leadership role
- Assists with the development of annual and monthly budgets/forecasts and performs monthly financial analysis against actual performance for operating-unit management team
- Oversees operating unit accounting processes in accordance with corporate requirements and US GAAP
- Performs analysis of operating unit profitability and may assist in the development of an action plan in cases where the operating unit is below targeted performance level
- Implements and ensures compliance with financial controls and implements corrective action as required
- Develop reports that assist managers with the oversight of their operating areas with regards to the performance of their operating unit
- Provides support with internal / external audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls
- All other duties as assigned
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.