Why Join Altec?
Altec Capital Services (ACS) is currently looking for an Accounting Manager in Birmingham, AL. This position supervises all areas related to financial preparation, recording and reporting, developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries throughout the world. Altec Capital offers customized lease and purchase financing solutions, to make every purchase more affordable and convenient for our customers.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 4 years minimum of Public accounting experience or 5 years of non-Public experience, with 2 years min of Sr. Staff experience.
- CPA license preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of U. S. and international accounting principles (including U.S.GAAP and IFRS) and demonstrated expertise in accounting operations, budgeting, financial statement preparation, internal control management, auditing and financial analysis preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite skills, specifically, Excel, Word and PowerPoint required; Working knowledge in Oracle database preferred
- Mechanical aptitude, product or industry knowledge preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
Please apply directly on our website https://jobs.altec.com/
U.S. Military Veterans and Spouses are Encouraged to Apply See https://altecveteranrecruiting.com
- Perform accounting processes specific to the area or business unit assigned.
- Perform tasks necessary to facilitate the monthly financial closing process and ensure adherence to the monthly closing schedule.
- Review and understand monthly operating results.
- Interpret and apply GAAP standards for areas of responsibility.
- Assimilate information to explain past performance and predict future trends and results.
- Communicate any exceptional items, favorable or unfavorable, to executive management in a timely manner.
- Implement and monitor compliance with financial controls, advise management of any violations and assist in implementation of corrective actions.
- Document controls and processes as necessary.
- Use computers and computer systems to enter data and process information.
- Reconcile general ledger account balances to supporting details.
- Prepare journal entries to adjust/correct reconciling items.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Ability to clearly communicate with all levels of company associates and recommend improvements as necessary.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned work responsibilities.
- Prepare financial reports for management, supervisors, or co-workers as assigned.
- Prepare analyses and proformas as assigned.
- Assist in preparation and review of annual budgets as assigned.
- Perform analysis of operating unit profitability as assigned and assist in development of an action plan in cases where the unit is operating below targeted performance levels.
- Participate in the annual audit process including analyzing accounts, preparing audit schedules and assisting the external auditors.
- Prepare tax schedules as assigned.
- Provide support for internal / external audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Attend physical inventories, assess compliance with inventory procedures, and ensure that the book-to-physical adjustment is properly recorded.
- Assist/support other departments as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.