SR. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY SPECIALIST
There is an exciting opportunity for an Sr. EH&S Specialist at our Broomfield, Colorado location. With training and support, you will have the tools you need to be successful and to present solutions with confidence.
Since 1954, Altec AIR has been the industry leader in compressed air treatment systems. Altec AIR offers a full line of air pressurization equipment for the telecommunication, fluid power, instrumentation, ozone generation and other industrial OEM markets. We provide innovative products and services worldwide.
Value Driven: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Visit www.AltecAir.com for more information
The job level may be adjusted at the time of hire should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced job in the career path.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST
Ensures the facility complies with all current environmental and safety regulations. Works to develop, implement and monitor environmental and safety programs, policies, and procedures. Maintains environmental records and interfaces with regulatory inspectors on behalf of the facility supported. Evaluates the facility’s procedures, facilities & equipment to identify compliance with environmental regulations and Altec environmental policies, programs, and unsafe conditions needing improvement. Identifies & evaluates detrimental working conditions & makes adjustments to safeguard associates’ health. Maintains safety and environmental records. This job differs from the lower-level Specialist in that duties are performed with more autonomy.
- Maintains compliance with Air Emission Program, Emission Tracking, and reporting requirements.
- Assists in permitting for Air, Storm Water, and Waste registrations.
- Coordinates and conducts Waste and Storm Water sampling and conducts monthly and bi-weekly storm water audits.
- Conducts environmental and safety training and education programs, and demonstrates the use of safety equipment.
- Serves as the assistant Primary Emergency Response Coordinator and Assistant Spill Team Leader for HAZWOPER certified responders at the facility
- Maintains the MSDS database at the facility.
- Coordinates the maintenance of the spill response equipment and countermeasures at the facility
- Coordinates and communicates "right-to-know" programs regarding hazardous chemicals and other substances and manages the Hazardous Waste Program.
- Conducts Hazardous Waste, Storm Water, and SPCC Audits, per Altec programs and policies.
- Serves as primary contact person with EPA and OSHA regulatory agencies.
- Involved in accident investigations
- Conducts Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s)
- Maintains all Environmental and Safety Governmental records.
- Manages and administers the Altec APSMS system the online (ACMIS) MSDS records for the facility.
- Manages DOT Drug Testing for the facility.
- Leads and coordinates Environmental and Safety Compliance and Worker’s Compensation RCI events.
- Participates in environmental and safety orientation and training for new associates.
- Develops & maintains industrial hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, and ventilation surveys.
- Develops and maintains medical monitoring programs for associates.
- Inspects and evaluates workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Completes and files all Environmental and Safety regulatory reports and submits required governmental reports for EPA and OSHA compliance.
- Inspects specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, and first-aid supplies.
- Investigates accidents to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Investigates health-related complaints & inspects facilities to ensure that they comply with public health legislation & regulations.
- Maintains and updates emergency response plans and procedures.
- Maintains inventories of hazardous materials & wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure materials are handled properly.
- Orders suspension of activities that pose potential exposure to workers' health, safety, and/or potential impact to the environment or ecosystems where the facility is located.
- Provides new-employee health and safety orientations and develop materials for these presentations.
- Interfaces with the Corporate Environmental Manager and Corporate Safety Manager regarding implementation of the Corporate Environmental Program and Corporate Safety Program.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Occupational and Safety, Environmental Science, or Environmental Engineering, plus two years of directly applicable experience; OR High School diploma plus 6 years Environmental & Safety experience at an Altec facility in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree. At least one year of experience in Occupational Safety and environmental regulations experience at a local, state, or federal agency preferred.
- Basic S&H Principles – Experience must include understanding of the following:
- Basic application of regulatory standards (OSHA or DOT) - OHSA 30 hours training
- Application of simple hazard assessments (e.g. JHA/JSA)
- Basic Hazard recognition skills (e.g. Guarding, slips, etc.)
- Simple problem-solving abilities (e.g. job and/or gap analysis, etc.)
- Root Cause Analysis - Participate in 5 whys, cause mapping
- Continuous Improvement at an individual level (e.g. Housekeeping, procedure, etc.)
- Operational Knowledge
- Basic IH Knowledge
Colorado hiring range: $28.12 - $32 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
Apply online at www.altec.com/careers
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.