Why Join Altec?
Come join the industry leader in hydraulic utility equipment! Our position will provide Plant Systems support to all functional areas of our Manufacturing Facility at our Birmingham campus, with a primary focus on continuous improvement. Altec is currently experiencing record growth and is committed to hiring candidates who will continue that record of success.
Customer First – Enjoyment of Work – Family – Financial Stability – Integrity – People are our Greatest Strength – Quality – Spiritual Development – Teamwork
- Provides high level of service to customers on hardware and software packages
- Installs computer hardware and software packages where needed
- Provides user training to assist users with applications
- Responsible for writing documentation to describe product corrections and operational procedures
- Configures security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
- Assists with basic installation of LAN and wireless networking equipment.
- Assists with maintenance or standard repairs to networking components or equipment.
- Maintains shop floor programs and databases, and may develop minor program enhancements.
- Remain highly adaptable
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolve issues or complete projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent work experience required
- Ability to interpret instructions and guidelines on hardware and software
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications required
- Experience with SQL queries and Microsoft Visual Basic programming required
- A+ and Microsoft MSCA/MSCE certifications desired
- Must employ experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Travel 0 – 25%
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.