Why Join Altec?
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and servicing of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision.
Building on over 90 years of growth …
There’s never been a better time to join us!
Our auction subsidiary, JJ Kane, currently has an opening for a Legal and Regulatory Operations Manager located in our Inverness office in Birmingham, AL. This position serves as a member of JJ Kane's Senior Management team with responsibility for all regulatory requirements of the auction business. They will also work to implement and improve all contract execution and management processes.
JJ Kane auctions all types of used equipment, including bucket trucks, digger derricks, construction equipment, back hoes, skid steers, mini excavators, tractor crawlers, dozers, fleet cars and more! We encourage you to check out our company websites to explore our company's strong history. Please go to www.altec.com, and www.jjkane.com, and www.jjkane.com/ken-porter-auctions/ to learn more.
- Active management of JJ Kane lease and contract agreements, serving as primary organizational contact (both internal and external) during contract negotiations
- Legal experience in the reading, reviewing, and understanding contracts with aptitude to manage the approval and execution of JJ Kane’s contracts
- Works closely with corporate legal team and corporate compliance
- Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on an ongoing basis with business partners and JJ Kane personnel regarding contract matters
- Oversight of more than $400 million in contracts
- Responsible for maintaining records of executed contracts, correspondence and documentation related to all JJ Kane contracts
- Ability to solve any contract-related problems that may arise with external and internal business partners
- Responsible for discovery and implementation of new software management systems for contracts and property agreements
- Ultimate responsibility for ensuring legal and environmental sign off on new holding yards and auction properties
- Manage all regulatory requirements of the auction business including all state dealer and auction licenses
- Collect, analyze, and report data trends to senior management
- Assisting JJ Kane leadership team with meeting business objectives
- Work closely with JJ Kane sales and operational teams to meet business objectives
- Participate in operations of company and special projects as required along with continuously identify ways to streamline procedures and processes
- Responsible for the oversight of JJ Kane’s buyer and consignor terms and conditions, and maintain forms for these documents
- Ability to communicate with consignors and their legal team(s)
- Maintains company standard in confidentiality – responsible for maintaining high level information/contracts
- Active member of the JJ Kane senior management team
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a related business industry i.e. Contract Management
- Previous financial or corporate business operations management experience required
- Contract administration required: (bidding, negotiation, understanding contract regulatory requirements)
- Legal experience/knowledge preferred
- Contract Management software experience preferred
- Property Management software experience preferred
- Proforma creation experience preferred
- Contract administration experience required
- Be an action-oriented, self-motivated individual who can lead a team, work independently, and has strong organizational and personal skills
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and budgeting skills
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to travel up to 25%
• Customer first • Enjoyment of work • Family • Financial stability • Integrity
• People are our greatest strength • Quality • Spiritual development • Teamwork
Altec also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.