Why Join Altec?
Altec is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer graduating in Fall 2021 to join the team located in St. Joseph, MO! Our engineers work collaboratively to implement lean principles throughout the facility, support manufacturing and the field with existing products, and may work with New Product Development teams.
Building on over 90 years of growth and success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
- Pursuing an ABET EAC certified degree in Engineering required
- A degree in one of the following majors preferred:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Completion of Degree prior to start date required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying
- Prior interaction with Altec team at a recruitment event highly preferred
- Ensures manufacturing is building product in conformance to current engineering documentation
- Reviews the design of components and parts for design-for-manufacturability
- Monitors costs, manpower efficiency, machine capability, space utilization, etc. and recommend as appropriate revisions in manufacturing methods
- Participates and leads continuous improvement efforts in the areas of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, and Productivity
- Leads the integration of new designs into Manufacturing
- Drives implementation of capital projects
- Participates and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts
- Operates with some decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment
- Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the engineering field
- Supports Operations, Sales, and Service
- Interfaces directly with Suppliers and Customers
- Utilizes Lean principles to improve our products and processes
- May manage various sizes of Altec projects and/or act as Team Lead.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.