Why Join Altec?
Altec is currently looking for a Plant Systems Analyst to join their IS team located in St. Joseph, MO. This position will be responsible for Installing, maintaining, repairing and troubleshooting computer hardware and software systems for third shift associates on the Midwest campus.
Building on over 90 years of growth and success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent work experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications required
- Experience with SQL queries and Microsoft Visual Basic programming required
- Ability to interpret instructions and guidelines on hardware and software
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks
- A+ and Microsoft MSCA/MSCE certifications preferred
- Must employ experience and good judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Current valid driver’s license
- Good organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be able to work with team members and under minimal supervision
- Provides high level of service to customers on hardware and software packages
- Installs computer hardware and software packages where needed
- Provides user training to assist users with applications
- Responsible for writing documentation to describe product corrections and operational procedures
- Configures security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
- Assists with basic installation of LAN and wireless networking equipment.
- Assists with maintenance or standard repairs to networking components or equipment.
- Maintains shop floor programs and databases, and may develop minor program enhancements.
- Remain highly adaptable
- Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolve issues or complete projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.