PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Supervisor is responsible for the leadership of maintenance associates and coordination of all plant maintenance activities and related processes. To catch a glimpse of life inside the Altec Osceola Body Plant, check out this video here.
• Direct the daily activities of the maintenance team. This requires a strong understanding of maintenance system and applications.
• Provides consistent administration of Company policies, procedures, and work practices.
• Works closely with manufacturing supervisors
• Tracks and reports daily activity in Safety, Quality Production
• Makes real-time front line production related decisions
• Assists in coordinating planned equipment outages and standard downturns.
• Monitor and support PM program.
• Supervises equipment troubleshooting, repairs, root causes analysis, and equipment improvements.
• Willingness to work outside standard business hours to resolve issues, complete projects or respond to emergency situations as needed.
• Manage, monitor, and control maintenance-area parts and material usage
• Track and evaluate individual maintenance department associates’ performance results along with conducting annual associate performance reviews
• Direct involvement with PM programs and safety systems such as LOTO
• Provide support to maintenance technician training
• Heavy focus on continuous improvement and lean initiatives
• Support and enforce facility safety systems.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma or GED and either A, B, or C
A) Bachelor’s Degree in applicable discipline required, or
B) Two years Altec Maintenance experience AND two years Altec Maintenance Group Leader experience required, or
C) Four years Maintenance supervisory experience at another manufacturing operation (other than Altec) required
• Experience in heavy manufacturing maintenance to include mechanical/electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic troubleshooting skills
• Experience with equipment and electronics such as motors, drives, air compressors, chillers, grinders, water pumps, electrical, pneumatics, and hydraulics
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills
• Current Valid Driver's License
• Must be willing to travel as needed.
• Must employ experience and good judgment in project and time management
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the facilities, environmental and safety arena.
• Willingness to work weekends and holidays as needed.
• Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct performance reviews
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer service oriented
• Analyze effectiveness of environmental and safety systems and procedures
• Compile statistical data
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintain Company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
• Travel up to 10%
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs. Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results. Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.