Why Join Altec?
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Set up, operate and tend machines in order to coat/paint components, trucks and bodies.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES):
• Use and conduct proper care of PPE
• Operate the painting system
• Change solvent and paint drums
• Fill hardener and paint drums
• Check paint viscosity during shift and adjust as necessary
• Perform paint booth housekeeping and filter maintenance
• Perform quality checks
• Maintain proper care of guns for minimum painting downtime
• Spray paint truck bodies and components using handheld spray gun
• Ensure proper surface preparation prior to painting
• Apply paint to obtain consistent dry film thickness
• Ensure paint application meets the paint standard
• Load and unload parts/components to be painted
• Utilizes proper safety techniques with paint system applications
• Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices
• Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge required.
• Proficiency in spraying with paint guns required, electrostatic preferred.
• Knowledge of automotive painting preferred.
• Vocational Training in lieu of experience will be considered.
Varies at each location, but could be extreme hot or cold, depending upon weather conditions.
Job tasks may be inside or outside.
Electrical hazards, elevated surfaces, moving objects, chemical or dust, mechanical hazards, vibrations and noise
Work will be performed in an enclosed booth/room.
Weld smoke and fumes may exist
• Basic Hand Tools (wrenches, sockets, hammers, pliers, etc.)
• Inspection tools
• Knife / Razors
• Manual/pneumatic impact tools
• Overhead crane
• Pressure Gauges
• Spray Gun
• Tape Measurers
• Varies by location and/or job
• Aerosol Sprays
• Hydraulic oil
• Multi-Purpose Cleaners
• Paint Hardener
• Paint Sealer
• To be disposed of hazardous waste
• Varies by location and/or job
• Harnesses as required
• Safety Glasses / Goggles / Face Shields
• Steel Toe Boots(Metatarsals may be required)
• Respirator and full body suit
• Protective Clothing
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS (NON-ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES):
• Keep a clean work area (5S)
• Assist co-workers as needed
• Participate in RCI events
• May be required to operate vehicles
• Knowledge of Altec programs and/or systems
• Shift work may be required.
• Perform all other duties as required / assigned.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.