Why Join Altec?
Altec Sentry is looking for a Customer Training Business Manager in Birmingham, AL (Corporate). This position manages the portfolio and distribution of Altec Safety Training content, including business growth and expansion to outside vendors/third parties within the Sentry Content Developers and Program Team.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries throughout the world.
- Manage business opportunities for the delivery of Altec developed safety training
- Lead digital transformation of customer safety training Portal
- Lead, develop and grow Altec Sentry team members
- Provide timely documentation of clear project scope (i.e. detailed assumptions, requirements, objectives/targets, validation needs, resource estimates, costs, and timing) especially in cases where elements are not well known
- Create and maintain complex timelines and milestone tracking; applies risk management principles to identify and mitigate potential project risks
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction
- Provide information to sales, manufacturing, and other marketing teams to assist in the promotion of the organization's online operator and safety training products and/or services.
- Lead project trade-off discussions and drives decisions to help keep project teams moving forward
- Identify training business opportunities from customers, industry standards and best practices
- Promote business through presentations at customer or third-party meetings
- Manage business programs in order to support offering on-site customer and internal training
- Responsible for ensuring consistency with Company and Group Strategy by setting goals to drive profitability and growth
- Drive implementation of improvements to the training product development and project management processes
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours to resolve issues or complete special projects as needed
Please apply directly on our website https://jobs.altec.com/
U.S. Military Veterans and Spouses are encouraged to apply https://altecveteranrecruiting.com
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Marketing, Business, or Engineering Degree preferred
- Advanced degree highly desired
- Ten plus years direct applicable experience in a management/training role required
- Minimum eight years’ experience of directly managing employees
- Mechanical aptitude, product or industry knowledge required
- PMP - (Project Management Professional) certification preferred
- Familiarization and proven skills in Learning Management Systems and technology
- Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications required
- Travel 25%
- Current valid Driver’s License
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.