Why Join Altec?
Develop the next generation of products for a company that is a leader in the electric-utility and tree-care equipment industries. Join a small, focused, and empowered engineering team where you can have an immediate impact.
Take a Career Step Forward!
- Join a product engineering team and aid in designing and supporting 3 product lines in the electric-utility, lawn and plant health care, and tree-care industries
- Operate with a high level of autonomy with accelerated growth while enjoying the support of a larger, experienced, and remote engineering team
- Work in a focus facility that designs, tests, manufactures, assembles, and sells its own products.
- Develop and exercise an expertise in multiple engineering competencies – structures, hydraulics, controls, composites, mechanisms, etc.
- Hands-on approach is encouraged: work with a team to build prototypes and evaluate your original designs.
- Altec Inc. is a company with a history of continuous growth and a team focused culture which strongly embraces continuous improvement. It is a financially stable company that makes intelligent and strategic investments in its future.
- Advancement opportunities exist locally, with relocation potential around the country.
Check us out on YouTube!!!
Altec’s Values (in alphabetical order):
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
The immediate opportunity is in Mt. Airy, North Carolina, an easy commute from Winston-Salem.
- Outdoor activities including hiking, hunting, fishing, golfing, mountain biking, kayaking, etc.
- Less than 45 minutes from 3 state parks and a 15-minute drive from the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Mild climate allowing residents to enjoy four distinct seasons
- Numerous entertainment options including collegiate and professional sporting events as well as live music and nightlife
- An eclectic and award-winning micro brewing and restaurant scene
- Close proximity to the Appalachian Mountains as well as a few hours drive from NC beaches
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering from an accredited university
- 2 years minimum of applicable industry experience
- FE Certification or the ability to obtain
- Up to 25% travel can be expected
Preferences: Experience in a manufacturing environment, Experience with New Product Development, Experience in hydraulics and hydraulic control systems, Experience in structural design, Knowledge of SolidWorks or equivalent CAD drafting methods, Knowledge of FEA (Finite Element Analysis), Leadership or Supervisory Experience, Professional Engineer License
- Create unique, original, industry-changing product designs which may be patentable.
- Develop and execute experiments to validate and qualify new design solutions.
- Design, modify, and/or apply components and systems using prudent engineering methods and techniques to meet specified technical objectives on time.
- Analyze and solve complex product design, application, manufacturing, installation, and service problems.
- Implement defect prevention procedures or processes in product design or application.
- Analyze new technologies for potential application in next generation products.
- Direct other engineers and technical support personnel to carry out specific design tasks.
- Communicate directly with Customers and Suppliers on issues of technical specifications, product design and product performance as needed.
- Support quality improvements in all facets of the company's business.
- Collaborate with various teams within the organization to solve technical problems and identify improvement opportunities.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program, Retirement 401(k) Program, Vacation and Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance Program, Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.