Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the rental, sales & operational processes through advocating for the customer and working as a liaison between our direct sales force, customers and our factories while overseeing the quoting, ordering, & invoicing processes related to each accountable order.; Each order (rental or sales) is viewed as a project that could last from several hours to several months with Technical Sales “owning” an order (rental or sales) from concept to delivery.
• Serves customers by providing quotes/rates/pricing, entering, tracking and revising rental agreements, contracting for shipping, providing delivery information, establishing credit terms, handling warranty and service issues and hosting customers when they arrive at our facilities to pick up or inspect equipment
• Projects future revenue and profitability on each rental agreement by ensuring rates, pricing and projected estimates are up-to-date and accurate
• Interacts directly with customers in a professional manner; regularly entertain customer visits and ensure customers leave knowing that Altec and Global Rental Canada provided a hospitable visit and our relationship was furthered as a result
• Coordinates with Accounts Receivable to communicate invoice and credit terms; Assists with and resolving collection issues
• Works with Fleet Management and Service Estimating to ensure customer requested changes and/or customization is quoted accurately and timely
• Accurately costs and completes all steps required in quoting each product, making sure that all quotes follow the corporate standards for format and content
• Completes Requests for Proposals and other related formal documents submitted by customers requesting pricing, rates, and/or information
• Demonstrates product knowledge in order to identify and understand how product components work
• Efficiently captures & communicates customer requirements
• Processes rental agreements per the corporate procedures in a complete and accurate manner while meeting pre-established time parameters
• Develops and maintains knowledge of Altec products, customers, administrative and production processes
• Assists in forecasting for Rental Fleet needs by dealing with operational issues such as chassis delivery schedules, order revisions, Final Assembly questions, invoicing, warranty issues and the like in a thorough, accurate and timely manner
• Monitors Rental Fleet equipment orders, component availability, chassis delivery, final assembly delivery and cost control measures in order to meet objectives
• Reviews Rental Fleet equipment job costs, identifies and documents opportunities for cost reductions
• Demonstrates consistent progress towards proficiency in areas of training (defined by training objectives document)
• Attends classroom and online training sessions to enhance skills and build knowledge
• All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Engineering or technical degree preferred
• Minimal Travel – less than 10%
• Associate must be proficient in math and with computers, specifically Microsoft software
• Must be able to analyze problems & develop solutions
• Good communication skills are a must (Bi-Lingual – English/French - is advantageous)
• Candidate must be able to independently manage their time and tasks
• Demonstrated proficiency in System & Process, Build & Product Knowledge, Customer, People Skills, and Foundational Skills or 6 months related experience. Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer Service Oriented
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintains Company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
• Participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety in everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Group RRSP
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.