Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
• Completes routine design work, such as creating models and drawings of structures and equipment systems derived from layouts and sketches
***Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted***
• Creates and updates basic and routine CAD drawings; performs simple part setup and maintenance in ERP system
• Consults with engineers and/or technical experts regarding design solutions and design standards
• Follows established technical specifications to prepare models and drawings
• All other duties as assigned
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Work well in a team environment
• Must manage deadlines well
• Some travel will be required, potentially on short notice, which may include flying
• Ability to work with other team members for direction and support while completing tasks independently
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate technical reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Follow all established processes and guidelines
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and program; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational result; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Four year applicable degree
• Two year applicable degree
• Mechanical Design Certificate (“Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate in Mechanical Design” meets this requirement)
• Two years’ of drafting experience
• 3D CAD Preferred (for Mechanical Drafters)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work independently and take direction
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.