Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
Administers human resources policies and procedures independently; Collects and analyzes HR data in order to make recommendations to management; Processes paperwork for functional area(s) according to established procedures; May prepare internal associate communications regarding compensation, benefits, or company policies
- Administers associate insurance plans, working with insurance special services representatives and plan carriers
- Advises managers and associates on state and federal employment regulations, benefit and compensation policies, personnel procedures and classification programs
- Schedules and coordinates company sponsored on-site and off-site events
- Analyzes organizational, occupational, and industrial data to facilitate organizational functions
- Assesses need for and develop job analysis instruments and materials
- Serves as a confidential point of contact for associates to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities
- Implements, administers and evaluates associate programs, including performance appraisal, affirmative action and employment equity programs
- Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements
- Observes, interviews, and surveys associates and conducts focus group meetings to collect job, organizational, and occupational information
- Plans and develops curricula and materials for training programs and conducts training
- Prepares reports, such as organization and flow charts, and career path reports
- Conducts exit interviews and ensures that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed
- Provides input to management for the resolution of classification and salary complaints
- Researches associate benefit and health and safety practices and recommend changes or modifications to existing policies
- May act as Company representative at conferences and events to promote Altec related programs
- May have responsibility for overseeing payroll function
- Performs searches for qualified job candidates, using sources such as computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, social media advertisements, job fairs, recruiting firms, or associate referrals
- Prepares or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software
- Review and evaluate applicant qualifications or eligibility for specified licensing, according to established guidelines and designated licensing codes; reviews employment applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements
- Participates in unemployment hearings with state government and third-party administrators
- Performs other duties as assigned
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- External - Bachelor’s Degree required and 2 years of applicable HR experience
- Internal – Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 2 years of experience at the HR Representative I level
- PHR preferred
- Excellent computer skills required; Prefer Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and/or Kronos experience
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Extremely detail oriented
- Customer Service Oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Travel 0-25%
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.