Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To prepare, assemble and install vehicle and/or chipper components to required specifications for Mechanical, Hydraulic, Electrical, Unit and Finish departments.
• Use and conduct proper care of PPE.
• Read and interpret schematics (blueprints).
• Read and interpret work orders.
• Use basic hand tools such as tape measure and specialty equipment.
• Learn and operator all equipment within the work area (cell).
• Perform rework as required.
• Support APS (Altec Production System) initiatives. May participate in RCI events.
• Willing to move to other work areas in order to support production needs. (Cross-train)
• Install unit vehicle and/or chipper components and accessories.
• Testing of installed components.
• Mastery of mechanical, electrical, or hydraulics with trouble shooting skills.
• Willingness and ability to train new/current associates.
• Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices.
• Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment.
• Maintain daily time records.
• Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Previous Altec experience is preferred.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge required.
• Ability to read tape measures, blue prints, and schematics required.
• Proficient knowledge of at least one of the following required.
o Manufacturing / Production processes
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.