Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
An exciting opportunity is available to support our Corporate Payroll Team! The position will be located in Birmingham, AL . The purpose, responsibilities, and minimum qualifications of the opportunity are as follows:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the accurate preparation, documentation, and distribution of payroll via the payroll system.
• Handles management of the company’s weekly and/or biweekly payroll, (Salary, Non-exempt Salary and/or Hourly) including processing and maintaining payroll information coordinating with local payroll administrators to validate employees’ time and pay, liaising with internal departments involved in the process such as accounting, compensation, benefits, HRIS, ADP, etc.
• Works with location payroll administrator to maintain accurate timekeeping and attendance data
• Reconcile payroll to ensure accuracy
• Responsible for researching and resolving payroll issues and follow up as needed
• Serves as contact for payroll questions and issues
• Maintains Payroll e-mail box
• Works with Local HR and Payroll Tax team to ensure Associates´ Payroll taxes are accurate
• Provides excellent internal and external customer services
• Ensures approved payroll is accurately processed via weekly and biweekly imports and exports of PeopleSoft
• Supervises accurate error corrections made locally and within the field.
• Processes on and off cycle paychecks
• Runs and processes GL to load data to Oracle
• Assist with streamlining and standardizing process and procedure
• Administers and troubleshoots Altec's Payroll Garnishments
• Must be able to work independently
• All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:(the level of the position may be adjusted if the selected candidate meets qualifications for a higher level in the career path)
• High School Diploma Required
• One year relevant experience (i.e. Time and Attendance System or Payroll Processing System) Required
• Two years minimum experience processing payroll preferred
• One year PeopleSoft Payroll experience preferred
• Kronos experience preferred
• High sense of urgency
• Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Human Resources
• Knowledge of accounting practices and principles preferred
• Multi-state payroll processing preferred
• PC Skills using Microsoft office spreadsheet and word processing applications required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required
• Must be able to work with team members
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Must be able to maintain confidential information
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer Service Oriented
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintains Company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals