The Altec Service Group has service centers and an extensive fleet of mobile service vehicles and technicians across the United States and Canada.
This critical service support position is responsible for providing excellent customer support and satisfaction within the Service Support areas: Administrative, Inventory, Parts and Estimating. Responds to customer inquiries and resolves customer issues. Provides updates to Team Lead for internal teams on customer needs that contribute to the customer satisfaction.
Inventory Service Support
- Assists Supervisors and Technicians with the scheduling of required inventory actions.
- Maintains accurate records for dissemination to Accounting, Supervision and Inventory owners to facilitate continuous improvement in inventory management and accuracy.
- Conducts Freight debrief per established standards.
- Creates shipping labels as required for Mobile Service and Centralized shops as directed/required
- Attends peer to peer training as required to develop and maintain all required skills.
Parts Service Support
- Conducts Stock parts order entry, form entry as directed per established standards.
- Researches parts with assistance/oversight of applicably trained peers and/or supervision.
- Reconciles requests for parts order follow up and escalate as required.
- Determines correct billing requirements required to fulfill requests accurately and timely are being meet by reading Bill of Materials, Parts Pages and related information.
- Conducts the P.O. process within established Altec standards and provide accountability as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required and
- Two years of experience in an industry-related field required (i.e. Customer Service with manufactured products or product services; Material Support or inventory control for manufactured products; or Service Writing in a dealership) or in a similar job function
- Bachelor’s Degree and
- One years’ experience in industry related field preferred (i.e. Customer Service with manufactured products or product services; Material Support or inventory control for manufactured products; or Service Writing in a dealership) or in a similar job function
- Hydraulic or mechanical background preferred
- Must have demonstrated experience of providing high levels of customer support
- Strong Computer Skills, especially in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid team player with a collaborative nature
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple transactions
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Extremely detail oriented
- Customer Service Oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Travel 0-25%
Altec is a manufacturing company, Made in America. Altec associates are empowered to build products that make a difference to our customers, communities, and industry. We are building on 90+ years of knowledge, experience, and relationships, working to add value to the electric utility, telecom, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values.
See More at jobs.altec.com
Value-Driven: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
U.S. Military Veterans and Spouses are Encouraged to Apply as many MOS codes relate to equipment
Competitive pay which rewards performance and a comprehensive benefits package.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.