The Altec Osceola Body Plant in Osceola, IA has an outstanding opportunity for a Materials Supervisor!
For a glimpse at the Altec Osceola production facility, check out this video: Altec Osceola Production Video
· Supervise and review acquisition of materials, supplier negotiation, inventory control, material staging of production jobs, warehousing of materials and machine shop as well as manage freight costs
· Develop/implement enhancements and/or processes to achieve maximum efficiencies, control of materials, purchasing, and related areas
· Interact with other locations to access opportunity to pool resources and achieve quantity discounts
· Assist in the development and implementation of inventory control and/or reduction programs; Establish process designed to maintain inventories at approved levels
· Supervise staff, materials, inventory, and/or purchasing professionals
· Serve on functional, divisional, and/or corporate projects as required
· Suggest application for reducing costs while improving material availability
· Supervise departmental associates efficiently and effectively
· Supervises the operations of Kan-Ban, Supply, Inventory, Scheduling, Receiving and Shipping
· Encourage suppliers to utilize continuous improvement programs that help satisfy Altec Quality standard
· Negotiates lead times
· Assists in developing criteria for suppliers
· Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
· Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances
· Enforce safety and sanitation regulations
· Keep records of associates’ attendance and hours worked
· Plan and establish work schedules and assignments to meet production goals
· All other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
· Bachelor's Degree required in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain Management Degree preferred and Two years applicable experience required. – OR – Five years minimum purchasing or related experience and APICS or NAPM certification required.
Microsoft Office Suite experience preferred; Excel & Word required
· Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures
· MBA and/or APICS certified preferred
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.