Why Join Altec?
Altec Industries is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for our Truck Body Facility in Burnsville, NC.
Help develop the next generation of utility truck bodies for a company that is the leader in the electric-utility and tree-care equipment industries.
- Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, and sale of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
- Work for a global company that designs, manufactures, assembles, and tests its own designs.
Customer First – Enjoyment of Work – Family – Financial Stability – Integrity – People are our Greatest Strength – Quality – Spiritual Development – Teamwork
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required, Mechanical, Industrial, or Mechatronics Engineering preferred.
- EIT Registration or ability to obtain registration.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Detail oriented.
- Customer service oriented.
- Design and/or modify components and systems using prudent engineering methods and techniques to meet specified technical objectives on time.
- Analyze and solve complex product design, application, manufacturing, installation and service problems.
- Participate and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team oriented design efforts.
- Operate with appropriate entry-level decision making latitude in the engineering field.
- Communicate with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design, and operation as appropriate.
- Provide technical support to sales associates.
- Interface directly with Suppliers and Customers
This job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.