Altec Industries, Mt. Airy location is currently looking for a co-op.
Openings in our Applications/New Product Design and Maintenance Engineer Departments
- Using standard operating procedures, established engineering processes and basic calculations, performs routine engineering assignments, including research, testing, design and development
- Assist in the design application of projects
- Applies engineering procedures and calculations to develop solutions to problems
- With technical guidance from supervisors, gathers and evaluates engineering data in order to apply knowledge to relevant assignments
- Interacts with other engineering personnel, as well as designers, drafters and technicians in order to complete projects and assignments
- Participate in continuous improvement events
*Housing will be provided
Must be currently in accredited university at a second semester sophmore class level, having taken basic major classes.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.