Why Join Altec?
A normal day for an Altec Service Center Technician / Equipment Mechanic could include:
- On-site troubleshooting, diagnostics, major component change outs and preventive maintenance of truck-mounted hydraulic equipment including but not limited to Aerial Devices, Digger derricks, and Cranes
Benefits of working as an Altec Technician:
- Competitive pay which rewards performance
- Company-provided specialty, calibrated, battery-powered, and large tools
- Work directly for the manufacturer with ongoing factory training and world-class technical and engineering support
- Potential to work overtime to support the customer
- Previous equipment mechanic experience
- Education related to mechanics, electronics, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Experience with, for example, truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment such as aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes; construction, mining, farm equipment such as excavators, skidsteers, dozers or tractors; military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or ground support equipment (AGE/GSE)
Altec is a manufacturing company, Made in America. Altec associates are empowered to build products that make a difference to our customers, communities, and industry. We are building on 90+ years of knowledge, experience, and relationships, working to add value to the electric utility, telecom, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values.
Value-Driven: Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
- High School Diploma, state-approved High School Equivalency, or GED
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills
- Physical effort to move objects and tools that may weigh up to 75 pounds; frequent stooping, bending, squatting, and kneeling
- A high level of dexterity
- Ability to provide tools per the Altec tool policy as needed
- Ability to develop basic computer skills with Microsoft office
- Ability to support customer by working overtime
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec Industries Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Altec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of the selection process, for candidates taking part.