Why Join Altec?
Join a focused engineering team where you can have an immediate impact in developing Altec's next world-class product.
Take a Career Step
- Work in a facility that manufactures, assembles, and tests its own designs.
- Support sales in a direct business-to-business customer relationship.
- Altec is a financially stable company with a history of continuous growth, providing a pool of resources to draw on for support and with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Advancement opportunities exist, with relocation potential around the country.
- Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
Customer First Enjoyment of Work Family Financial Stability Integrity People Are Our Greatest Strength Quality Spiritual Development Teamwork
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
- EIT registration or ability to obtain registration required
- 2 Years' Experience in an Engineering role
- Good analytical, verbal and written skills required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to travel 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying internationally
Preferences: Experience in a manufacturing environment, Experience with New Product Development, Experience in hydraulics and hydraulic control systems, Experience in structural design, Knowledge of SolidWorks, Knowledge of FEA (Finite Element Analysis), Leadership or Supervisory Experience, Professional Engineer License, Mechanical Engineer, Agricultural Engineer, Hydraulics, Structural Design; Experience with Parker IQAN programming
- Design, modify, and/or apply components and systems using prudent engineering methods and techniques to meet specified technical objectives on time.
- Analyze and solve complex product design, application, manufacturing, installation, and service problems.
- Create unique original product designs which may be patentable.
- Develop and execute experiments to validate and qualify new design solutions.
- Direct other engineers and technical support personnel to carry out specific design tasks.
- Analyze competitive product designs and report findings.
- Communicates directly with Customers and Suppliers on issues of technical specifications, product design and product performance as needed.
- Implement defect prevention procedures or processes in product design or application.
- Analyze new technologies for potential application in next generation products.
- Support quality improvements in all facets of the company's business.
- Collaborate with various teams within the organization to solve technical problems and identify improvement opportunities.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.