Altec Industries is seeking Applications Engineers for our Focus Factory located in Roanoke, VA.
Altec Roanoke specializes in the manufacturing and final assembly of aerial devices, cranes and digger derricks.
• Create custom designed Altec solutions to meet Customer specific requirements
• Work closely with other Applications Engineering team members to design structural and mechanical components and develop custom electrical and hydraulic systems
• Generate 3D computer modeled drawings for both Customer approval and for use during fabrication and assembly of the product
• Interface directly with Sales and Customers throughout the entire build process including being involved in pre-build spec reviews and pre-delivery customer inspections
• Support Operations and Service by hands-on and remote troubleshooting, working alongside Altec technicians and other engineers
• Collaborate with other teams within Altec to establish and maintain lean principles by being involved in and leading kaizen events to improve our products and processes
•Develop short and long term career path goals by working with immediate supervisor and other Altec departments and facilities to grow product knowledge and skill
• ABET EAC Certified Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a Master’s Degree in Engineering, excludes Engineering Technology degrees
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.