Why Join Altec?
The Altec Service Group has service centers and an extensive fleet of mobile service vehicles and technicians across the United States and Canada, honoring Altec’s commitment to be there for the life of the equipment.
The purpose of this support role position is to provide excellent customer support and satisfaction within Service Support areas. Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer issues. Provide updates to Team Leads on customer needs that contribute to the customer satisfaction.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED required and a minimum of three years of experience in an industry related field required (i.e., Customer Service with manufactured products or product services; Material Support or inventory control for manufactured products; or Service Writing in a dealership) or in a similar function
- OR Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of one years’ experience in an industry related field required (i.e., Customer Service with manufactured products or product services; Material Support or inventory control for manufactured products; or Service Writing in a dealership) or in a similar function
- A Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Able to operate a fork lift.
Key Responsibilities of the Position
Inventory Service Support
- Assists Supervisors and Technicians with the scheduling of required inventory actions.
- Maintains accurate records for dissemination to Accounting, Supervision and Inventory owners to facilitate continuous improvement in inventory management and accuracy.
- Creates and/or maintains reports for Inventory control including but not limited to: Debrief errors, Items NOLOC, expected receipts (parts not received to PCD after shipping label creation).
- Conducts parts follow up per established standards.
- Conducts review of Service Requests in Pending status in order to identify and resolve parts handling errors.
- Attends and/or conducts peer to peer training as directed by supervision.
- Attends formal training as may be required.
Parts Service Support
- Determines correct billing requirements to fulfill requests accurately and timely are being meet by reading Bill of Materials, Parts Pages and related information.
- Conducts the P.O. process within established Altec standards and provides accountability as required.
- Conducts required parts research through applicable Parts Pages, Bills of Materials, Installed Base and related locations per established standards under the direction of Supervision.
- Creates and manages Purchase Orders and Invoices in support of day to day operations per established standards under the direction of Supervision.
- Conducts and assists with parts look up escalations.
- Conducts Parts set up as required for first time parts orders and escalates as required for timely resolution.
- Attends and/or conducts peer to peer training as appropriate.
- Attends formal training as directed by Supervision.
In addition, experience in an Administrative Support role is preferred.
- Must have experience providing high volume levels of customer support
- Strong Computer Skills, especially in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid team player with a collaborative nature
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple transactions
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
Other Position Specifications
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Extremely detail oriented
- Customer Service Oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Travel 0-25%
Altec’s Values (alphabetical): Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Altec is a manufacturing company, Made in America. Altec associates are empowered to build products that make a difference for our customers, communities, and industry. Founded in 1929, we work to add value to the electric utility, telecom, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world.
U.S. Military Veterans and Spouses are Encouraged to Apply
The job level may be adjusted at time of hire if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.