The Altec Service Group has an opening for a Trainer, whose key focus will be to provide training to internal and external customers. The Trainer is in a unique position to promote an environment consistent with Altec values, in addition to training on technical skill sets, These values are the foundation of Altec's history, tradition, culture, and continued success:
• Customer first • Enjoyment of work • Family • Financial stability • Integrity • People are our greatest strength • Quality • Spiritual development • Teamwork
The work itself is detail oriented, and requires someone who is deadline-driven and able to manage time constraints, able to multi-task, flexible. The successful candidate must be goal-oriented, persistent, and with a passion for customer service.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Facilitates on-the-job training and classroom activities focused on basic skills for hourly and/or salaried associates. Assesses training effectiveness by observing skills and/or administering tests. Some positions may assist or be responsible for creation of training content, curriculum or job aids on an as needed basis.
• Facilitates both on-the-job training and classroom activities for basic skills.
• Assesses training effectiveness by observing skills and/or administering tests.
• Partners with subject matter experts and/or designers to modify or create training and reference materials.
• Ensures training materials are continuously updated based on current best practices, changing needs, and student feedback.
• Maintains training records, runs reports, and schedules appropriate training activities to meet needs.
• Partners with Subject Matter Experts and continuously interfaces with management to ensure training activities meet management's current business priorities.
• Pursues deep understanding of learner roles, solicits feedback, and assesses performance to ensure training solutions meet the needs of the end user.
• On an as needed basis, creates training content, curriculum, procedures and/or job aids
• Works with the Training Manager or HR Manager to ensure new hire employee engagement and morale is high throughout the training process
• Assists in gathering statistical performance feedback on learners to share with the Training Manager of HR Manager
• Uses appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Four year degree highly desired or equivalent directly applicable experience on a year for year basis; plus
• One to three years of classroom training facilitation experience, or
• One to three years of facilitating training sessions or RCI events at Altec
OTHER REQUIRED POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and facilitation skills.
• Excellent problem solving, researching, and documentation skills.
• A “can-do” approach and a passion to encourage the same in others.
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Flexible in a fast-paced environment with frequent updates.
Altec is a manufacturing company, Made in America. Altec associates are empowered to build products that make a difference to our customers, communities, and industry. We are building on 90+ years of knowledge, experience, and relationships, working to add value to the electric utility, telecom, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. Altec products and services can be found across the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. Safety is a primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the Altec Company Values.
The Altec Service Group has service centers and an extensive fleet of mobile service vehicles and technicians across the United States and Canada. Ensure quality repair and maintenance of equipment, such that all jobs are completed with regard to Altec’s values while achieving customer goals.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.