Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Serves as a receptionist and provides administrative support to the Human Resources department
• Serves as the receptionist answering and fielding calls throughout the Altec location
• Greets, directs and registers all visitors, ensuring that each visitor is signed in and given a visitor badge prior to being allowed access to the building
• Answers questions via phone and from visitors regarding Altec
• Receives and distributes mail to appropriate individual/department
• Processes new hire packets completed by new associates and follows-up with location’s HR team for any outstanding paperwork
• Processes pay events as needed
• Processes family status changes based on information provided by the associate
• Performs the following on an as needed basis:
o Compiling binders
o Payroll Processing and Garnishments Administration
o E-Verify Audit
o Working with runner regarding various deliveries
o Ordering supplies
o Process benefits imaging and prepare for company that provides this service
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Four year degree perferred
• Two years' experience recommended
• Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications required
• Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer Service Oriented
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintain Company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
• Travel 0-25%
*Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
*Females and minorities are strongly urged to apply!
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.