Why Join Altec?
Automotive Electrical Technician - Off Shift
The Midwest Operations of ALTEC Industries, Inc. has openings for Automotive Electrical Technicians. This position is responsible for connecting the electrical function of the Altec unit (Aerial/Derrick) to the electrical function of the vehicle by installing electrical parts, wiring, brackets, and making computer adjustments. This position will be for 2nd and/or 3rd shift and may be located in our St. Joseph, MO or Wathena, KS plant.
To be considered for this position a person must have the following skills and qualifications:
- High School Diploma or High School equivalent required
- Vocational school and/or knowledge/experience in automotive wiring, including knowledge of automotive electrical component technology required; vocational school training preferred.
- Aptitude to use computer based automotive diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to read and understand electrical related blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to work with engineering on a project basis
- Ability to use Altec's Quality Improvement Process.
- Ability to work with customers on writing unit specs, as well as trouble shooting problems over the phone
- Demonstrated ability to work under the team concept.
- Possess a good safety record.
- Basic welding and mechanical ability.
- Ability to work 2nd/3rd shift required.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend required.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Vocational technical school certificate in a manufacturing field preferred.
- Vocational Training in lieu of experience will be considered
- Connect wiring harness and run wiring where needed to connect the unit and truck components to the truck chassis per given requirements and specifications. (Use of splices and multi-meter)
- Locate and install body components such generators, inverters, interlocks electric throttles
- Weld small brackets and wiring clips to body and/or sub-frame
- Use drill, impact wrench, soldering torch and various hand tools to install components
- Connect aerial device control unit to chassis engine computer per required specifications.
- Rework and test components as needed.
- To provide quality and timely workmanship on each job performed
- Thorough and timely completion of related documentation.
- Maintain clean and orderly materials and work environment and
- Follows all established safety, environmental and & quality policies and practices.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Building on 85 years of success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment. We are the leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and contractor markets, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
Join the thousands who have made Altec their career decision!
Customer First Enjoyment of Work Family Financial Stability Integrity People Are Our Greatest Strength Quality Spiritual Development Teamwork
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled
Veterans, please visit Altec's Veteran Career site at www.altecveteranrecruiting.com