Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
Watch a quick overview of what we do! https://youtu.be/I0-pW_Sb6gI
HOW WE'RE MAINTAINING A SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT
These are some of the ways we're maintaining a safe work environment at Altec.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Supervise the manpower and installation of Altec products
• Facilitate and assist in problem solving and scheduling with plant associates, engineering, sales, and materials to ensure quality products meet customer delivery schedules
• Estimate hours on jobs for customer bids and revisions
• Schedule job assignments and production while learning the role
• Assist with conducting pre-production and pre-paint reviews with customers as needed
• Perform all associate production paperwork such as; time tickets, attendance, overtime, and disciplinary issues, seeking assistance when required
• Maintain work order hours and quality and delivery records
• Interface with materials to determine availability of parts
• Monitor and recommend repairs to plant's physical plant and equipment, seeking assistance when needed
• All other duties as assigned
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in budgeting process
• Justify capital expenditures
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer Service Oriented
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintain Company confidentiality
• Must handle stress and deadlines well
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
• Travel 0-25%
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree required, or
o High School Diploma or GED required and
Two years Supervisory experience at another manufacturing operation (other than Altec) required, or
Two years manufacturing experience AND two years Altec Group Leader experience required, or
Five years’ experience in Altec manufacturing
• General PC skills required
• Ability to read and interpret blueprint schematics required
• Excellent communication skills required
• Current valid Driver’s License
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.