Why Join Altec?
Come join the industry leader in hydraulic utility equipment! Our Mechanical Assembly Technician/Paint Prep Technician will assist in the production and preparation of vehicle components for Final Assembly. Altec is currently experiencing record growth and is committed to hiring candidates who will continue that record of success.
Customer First – Enjoyment of Work – Family – Financial Stability – Integrity – People are our Greatest Strength – Quality – Spiritual Development – Teamwork
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To properly maintain, troubleshoot and repair facility and production equipment to ensure proper and safe use.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES):
• Use and conduct proper care of PPE
• Advanced troubleshooting of critical equipment upon failure
• Preventative maintenance
• Moving and setting up equipment
• Interpret diagrams (hydraulic/electrical schematics), operation manuals, and pneumatic systems
• Wiring of equipment and electrical drops within a high voltage area
• Installation and repair of plumbing
• Repair or correct safety concerns
• Welding, cutting, brazing and soldering as needed
• May operate milling machines, drill presses, and lathes
• Support RCI events
• Clean equipment and work areas to enhance housekeeping (5S)
• General building maintenance
• Use computer to look up any necessary information required to perform job duties.
• Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices
• Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment
• Maintain daily time records
• Job duties may vary by location
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge required.
• Demonstrated ability in the operation of CNC equipment and other specialized equipment
• Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering, Industrial Maintenance or other similar field or 5 years Industrial Electrical/Electronic experience desired.
• Experience with hydraulics and pneumatics desired
• Mechanical background to include troubleshooting skills desired
• Knowledge of PLC’s and Motor Controls desired
• Electrical knowledge in industrial/commercial environments, including 480 volt 3 phase and multi-meter usage
CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING
Ability to pass forklift certification if required.
Varies at each location, but could be extreme hot or cold, depending upon weather conditions.
Job tasks may be inside or outside.
Electrical hazards, elevated surfaces, moving objects, chemical or dust, mechanical hazards, vibrations and noise
Handling of sharp surfaces
Weld smoke and fumes may exist
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
We are taking measures to keep our employees safe in all of our facilities. We have implemented mask requirements, social distancing, limited contact between our assoicates and remote work where applicable.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.