PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Ensures the facility complies with all current environmental and safety regulations. Works to develop, implement, monitor, and manage environmental and safety programs, policies, and procedures. Maintains environmental records and interfaces with regulatory inspectors on behalf of the facility supported. Evaluates the facility’s procedures, facilities, and equipment to identify compliance with environmental regulations and Altec environmental policies, programs, and unsafe conditions needing improvement. Identifies and evaluates detrimental working conditions and makes adjustments to safeguard associates’ health. Maintains safety and environmental records.
- Maintains compliance with Air Emission Program, Emission Tracking, and reporting requirements.
- Assists in permitting for Air, Storm Water, and Waste registrations.
- Coordinates and conducts Waste and Storm Water sampling and conducts storm water audits.
- Conducts environmental and safety training and education programs and demonstrates the use of safety equipment.
- Serves as the assistant Primary Emergency Response Coordinator and Assistant Spill Team Leader for HAZWOPER certified responders at the facility
- Coordinates the maintenance of the spill response equipment and countermeasures at the facility
- Coordinates and communicates "right-to-know" programs regarding hazardous chemicals and other substances and manages the Hazardous Waste Program.
- Conducts Hazardous Waste, Storm Water, and SPCC Audits, per Altec programs and policies.
- Conducts Job Safety Analysis (JSA’s)
- Maintains all Environmental and Safety Governmental records.
- Manages and administers the Altec APSMS system
- Leads and coordinates Environmental and Safety Compliance RCI events.
- Develops and maintains industrial hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, and ventilation surveys.
- Develops and maintains medical monitoring programs for associates.
- Inspects and evaluates workplace environments, equipment, and practices, to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Completes and files all Environmental and Safety regulatory reports and submits required governmental reports for EPA and OSHA compliance.
- Investigates accidents to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Investigates health-related complaints and inspects facilities to ensure that they comply with public health legislation and regulations.
- Maintains and updates emergency response plans and procedures.
- Maintains inventories of hazardous materials and wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure materials are handled properly.
- Orders suspension of activities that pose potential exposure to workers' health, safety, and/or potential impact to the environment or ecosystems where the facility is located.
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Four year Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Occupational and Safety, Environmental Science, or Environmental Engineering.
- Basic Health and Safety Principles – Experience must include understanding of the following:
- Basic application of regulatory standards (OSHA or DOT) - OHSA 30 hours training
- Application of simple hazard assessments (e.g. JHA/JSA)
- Basic Hazard recognition skills (e.g. Guarding, slips, etc.)
- Simple problem-solving abilities (e.g. job and/or gap analysis, etc.)
- Root Cause Analysis - Participate in 5 whys, cause mapping
- Continuous Improvement at an individual level (e.g. Housekeeping, procedure, etc.)
- Operational Knowledge
- Basic IH Knowledge
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Travel may be required
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.