PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to work alongside the Maintenance Team in a project management and continuous improvement capacity with goal of eliminating machine downtime.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Manage internal and contract site projects.
Support and/or lead Kaizen projects.
Manage equipment documentation including the updating of drawings, as needed, for modifications.
Create replacement strategies of components considering the life span and utilization of the equipment.
Specify recommended equipment spare parts and manage part setup to ensure inventory replenishment.
Provide technical support to Maintenance Technicians on repairs of equipment.
Implement and support Total Productive Maintenance program.
Perform root cause analysis of critical equipment downtime using problem solving techniques such as 5 why, cause mapping, fishbone diagraming, etcetera.
Use lean principles to identify and eliminate waste within preventative maintenance activities.
Participates and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts
Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the engineering field
Interfaces direcly with Suppliers and Customers
Learns and utilize Lean principles to improve our products and processes
Participates on various sizes of Altec projects
Works within any of the Altec departments as assigned to grow knowledge and skill for future Altec positions
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• ABET EAC certified Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a Master’s Degree in Engineering
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying.
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Demonstrated record of responsibility
• Extremely detail oriented
• Customer Service Oriented
• Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
• Maintain Company confidentiality
• Must manage deadlines well
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Follow all established process and guidelines
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.