- Use and conduct proper care of PPE.
- Read and interpret blueprints and weld symbols to determine sequence and methods of assembling components.
- Read and interpret work orders.
- Use basic hand tools such as tape measurer and specialty equipment.
- Learn and operate all equipment within the work area (cell).
- Perform rework as required.
- Support APS (Altec Production System) initiatives.May participate in RCI events.
- Willing to move to other work areas in order to support production needs. (Cross-train)
- Lay out and mark dimensions and reference lines on material applying knowledge of shop math and layout techniques.
- Perform Mig welding by using a variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
- Inspect assembly/components for conformance of specifications.
- Trim, file, grind, sand, deburr, buff and smooth surfaces using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Willingness and ability to train new/current associates.
- Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment.
- Maintain daily time records.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Job duties may vary by location.
Education, Experience, and skills required
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Vocational training is desired.
- AWS D.1.1 weld certification required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
- Basic computer usage knowledge required.
- Ability to read tape measures, blue prints, and schematics required.
- Proficient knowledge of the following required.
- Keep a clean work area (5S).
- Assist co-workers and group leads as needed.
- Participate in RCI events.
- Knowledge of Altec programs and/or systems.
- Shift work may be required.
Responsibility for Safety:
- Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
- Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
- Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
- Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs;Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results;Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.