Why Join Altec?
The Advanced Development team has an immediate opportunity for a Staff Engineer located in St. Joseph, MO. This futuristic thinker will pro-actively seek knowledge, entertain possibilities, and connect the dots for “what comes next.”
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- Executes the evaluation, development, and delivery of complex new technologies used in the design and manufacturing of products across multifunctional areas
- Assesses the underlying technical and process risks of a major product or technology and develop appropriate solutions
- Promotes the creation, development, proof, and implementation of innovative engineering solutions, consistent with appropriate engineering practices to advance Altec’s superiority in all markets Altec serves
- Owns project initiation, establishment of project objectives, formulation of sub teams, and verifying milestones and objectives of projects
- Fosters a participative and collaborative environment within the project or support teams
- May be responsible for processes, documentation, and systems that support Safety, Manufacturing, Design, Quality, etc.
- Identify when Engineering support is necessary and obtain that support to ensure a quality product
- Analyze technical requirements and coordinate across Altec departments and units to determine the most appropriate solution
- May interact directly with Customers to define requirements, propose solutions, and provide support
- Associate will be responsible for creating 3D models to be reviewed with account managers and customers
- Create prints for production to support the Altec Production System and deliver quality designs to production
- Support production needs to build a quality product
- Provide support, utilizing other technical personnel as needed
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Communicate effectively across all areas of influence
- Learn and apply relevant standards
- All other duties as assigned
- ABET EAC certified bachelor’s degree in Engineering required or a Master’s degree in Engineering required
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in an engineering role after earning the Degree in Engineering required
- Applicable Masters counts as one year of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated thorough understanding and ability in basic engineering practices and principles
- Must effectively interact with other associates, departments, operations, distributors, vendors, customers, etc.
- Basic understanding of business principles and practice
- Must be confident, dynamic, and successful in working as part of a team
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.