Why Join Altec?
Altec has an immediate opportunity for an Electrician in Creedmoor, NC.
Customer First – Enjoyment of Work – Family – Financial Stability – Integrity – People are our Greatest Strength – Quality – Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Take a Career Step Forward!
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To properly maintain, troubleshoot and repair facility and production equipment to ensure proper and safe use.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES):
• Advanced troubleshooting of critical equipment upon failure
• Troubleshoot AC and DC Electronics
• Use Electronic Test Equipment (VOM, O-Scope, Megger, Calibrators, etc.)
• Apply Electrical Codes and Standards
• Read/Interpret Electrical, Electronic, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, and Instrumentation Drawings, Schematics, and Technical Manuals
• Install, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Repair PLC and/or DCS Hardware, Software and Controls
• Diagnose and repair AC & DC Motors and Control Circuits
• Maintain 480/240 Volt 3 phase MCC and Power Distribution Systems
• Replace Electrical Control Devices (Limit, Proximity and Photo Switches, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Valves, etc.)
• Repair Instrumentation and Control Devices (Pressure, Flow, Level Temperature, etc.)
• Diagnose and replace High Speed Equipment Utilizing Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Electrical Controls
• Bend conduit and pull wire
• Perform Preventive and Predictive maintenance
• Move and set up equipment as needed
• Wire equipment and electrical drops within a high voltage area
• Install and repair electrical, mechanical and pneumatic industrial equipment
• Repair and correct safety concerns
• Welding, cutting, brazing and soldering as needed
• Operate milling machines, drill presses, and lathes
• Support RCI events
• Clean equipment and work areas to enhance housekeeping (5S)
• Perform General building maintenance
• Use computer to look up any necessary information required to perform job duties.
• Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices
• Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment
• Maintain daily time records
• Operate aerial work platforms
• Perform computer work with CMMS system for assets, parts inventory and work order completion
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge required.
• A or B required.
A) Associates Degree in Industrial Electrical/Electronic Technology, Industrial Maintenance or similar field
B) Five (5) years Industrial Electrical Maintenance experience including:
o Read/Interpret Electrical, Electronic, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Instrumentation Drawings and Schematics
o Demonstrated knowledge of PLCs and CNCs
o Demonstrated knowledge of 480Volt MCC and Power Distribution Systems
• Basic programming knowledge with the ability to understand code and troubleshooting desired
• Experience with hydraulics and pneumatics desired
• Mechanical background to include troubleshooting skills desired
• Journeyman electrician experience is preferred.
CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING
Ability to pass forklift certification if required.
Varies at each location, but could be extreme hot or cold, depending upon weather conditions.
Job tasks may be inside or outside.
Electrical hazards, elevated surfaces, moving objects, chemical or dust, mechanical hazards, vibrations and noise
Handling of sharp surfaces
Weld smoke and fumes may exist
• Aerial work platforms
• Basic Hand Tools (wrenches, sockets, hammers, pliers, etc.)
• Inspection tools
• Manual/pneumatic impact tools
• Overhead crane
• Power Tools
• Precision Measuring Tools
• Production equipment
• Specialty equipment
• Varies by location and/or job
• Aerosol Sprays
• Diesel fuel
• Hydraulic oil
• Machining fluids
• Multi-Purpose Cleaners
• To be disposed of hazardous waste
• Varies by location and/or job
• Safety Glasses / Goggles / Face Shields
• Steel Toe Boots(Metatarsals may be required)
• Protective Clothing
• Welding Helmet
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS (NON-ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES):
• Keep a clean work area (5S)
• Assist co-workers as needed
• Knowledge of Altec programs and/or systems
• Shift work may be required.
• Perform all other duties as required / assigned.
• Must be willing to work extended hours
• Must have on-call availability
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.