Why Join Altec?
If youre considering a career with Altec, Inc., theres never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. Thats why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and thats why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work Safer and Smarter. Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altecs values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Plans and establishes production schedules.
• Responsible for complete and accurate production schedule into Oracle.
• Smoothing a schedule based upon pre-determined load capacity.
• May coordinate body and chassis orders and manage delivery schedule.
• Create and deliver schedule to production.
• Update schedule based upon product availability.
• Make recommendations on product mix.
• Communicate with sales delivery date changes.
• May review job costs.
• May supervise one or more associates.
• Interact with Account Managers and customers on schedule and delivery of units.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Four-Year Bachelor degree required. Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management degree preferred and two years applicable experience.
--- Or -------
• Five years minimum purchasing or related experience and APICS or NAPM certification required.
=============== AND the following ………
• High School Degree or equivalent required.
• Microsoft Office suite experience preferred. Excel & Word required.
• Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures.
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Significant Judgment and input is required to schedule and maintain manufacturing process.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected in this position.