Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
Customer First Enjoyment of Work Family Financial Stability Integrity People Are Our Greatest Strength Quality Spiritual Development Teamwork
Work closely with the Safety and Environmental Manager to improve and integrate environmental processes for the large and complex manufacturing facility located in Creedmoor NC. Learn the manufacturing process and how it relates to environmental and safety regulations and best practices.
- Identify and implement environmental and safety process improvements throughout the manufacturing area
- Design and fabricate solutions to safety and environmental projects
- Refining the audit process, updating checklists to have critical check points.
- Labeling of equipment, machines, and areas to meet safety and environmental standards.
- Dust collection - prototyping dust collection machines, designing, fabricating, and implementing a custom enclosure to collect fiberglass dust on both square and round booms while holes are drilled cut and sanded.
- Problem solving and simplifying current process to make compliance easier to sustain.
- Cost savings through waste reduction and process improvements.
- Create and conduct a safety / environmental audit of each cell on the shop floor
- Be a member of the APSMS (Altec Prevention and Safety Management System)
- Assist with JSA/JHA creation
- Create safety training content/tips as necessary.
- Must be enrolled full-time at an accredited 4-year college or university majoring in one of the following:
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Excellent writing ability
- Well-versed with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and digital photos
- Analytical mind and detail-oriented
- Doesn't mind working occasionally on the shop floor where it's hot and dirty
- Ability to multi-task and utilize critical thinking
- Work in an office setting as well as on a production floor
- Candidates must have drive, initiative and a desire to work in a manufacturing setting. Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of the organization, strong analytical, problem solving, computer and time management skills. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
- *Minimum GPA of 2.75
- *At least 18 years of age
Candidates must have drive, initiative and a desire to work in a manufacturing setting. Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of the organization, computer skills including Solid Works, strong analytical, problem solving and time management skills. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.