The Altec Osceola Body Plant in Osceola, IA has outstanding opportunities for a Manufacturing Engineer!
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The incumbent may work in an entry-level capacity under the guidance of more expernienced engineer and associates.
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Please view this video for a glimpse inside the production at Altec Osceola Body Plant, view this awesome video!
• Learns Altec’s product lines and systems/rules/processes required for different Engineering roles at Altec.
• Practices prudent engineering and effectively apply formal engineering training adding to the overall effectiveness of the Engineering Group and enhancement of Altec’s position within the product line
• Participates and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts
• Operates with appropriate entry-level decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment
• Knows and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the engineering field
• Communicates with customers on issues of technical specifications, product design and operation as appropriate
• Provides technical support to sales associates
• Supports Operations, Sales, and Service
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required.
• EIT registration or ability to obtain registration required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
• Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.