Why Join Altec?
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment. We are the leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, lights and signs, and contractor markets, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
Customer First – Enjoyment of Work – Family – Financial Stability – Integrity – People are our Greatest Strength – Quality – Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Altec has an immediate opportunity for an HR Representative. The incumbent of this growth position will support functional areas of the Midwest Human Resources department, with emphasis in payroll support.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) and no experience or HS plus 4 years of applicable HR experience
- Excellent computer skills required; Prefer Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and/or Kronos experience
- Prepares, processes, reconciles and audits payroll data within payroll system.
- Compiles associate time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records
- Computes wages and deductions, and enter data into computers; Keep track of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for associates
- Handles and processes garnishment requests.
- Generates reports as required to provide information for management.
- Escalates issues to the appropriate level of support and/or management when necessary.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures, as well as reporting needed changes.
- Assists in ensuring company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- May assist in interpreting and explaining human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of employee and company sensitive data.
- Provide switchboard relief
- All other duties as assigned
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.