Why Join Altec?
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries throughout the world.
We are currently looking for an Accounting Manager in Birmingham, AL. This position directs the preparation and recording of all financial information on an internal basis, provides financial support to the operating unit, supervises and directs the ongoing activities associated with the general ledger accounting, month end and annual close and other accounting related functions as may be assigned. In conformance with corporate guidelines, resolve all accounting issues and verify accuracy of recorded data.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Four year minimum experience in Financial Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel required
Please send resume to [email protected]
And apply at https://jobs.altec.com/
- Perform accounting processes specific to the area or business unit assigned.
- Perform tasks necessary to facilitate the monthly financial closing process and ensure adherence to the monthly closing schedule.
- Review and understand monthly operating results.
- Interpret and apply GAAP standards for areas of responsibility.
- Assimilate information to explain past performance and predict future trends and results.
- Communicate any exceptional items, favorable or unfavorable, to executive management in a timely manner.
- Implement and monitor compliance with financial controls, advise management of any violations and assist in implementation of corrective actions.
- Document controls and processes as necessary.
- Use computers and computer systems to enter data and process information.
- Reconcile general ledger account balances to supporting details.
- Prepare journal entries to adjust/correct reconciling items.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Ability to clearly communicate with all levels of company associates and recommend improvements as necessary.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned work responsibilities.
- Prepare financial reports for management, supervisors, or co-workers as assigned.
- Prepare analyses and proformas as assigned.
- Assist in preparation and review of annual budgets as assigned.
- Perform analysis of operating unit profitability as assigned and assist in development of an action plan in cases where the unit is operating below targeted performance levels.
- Participate in the annual audit process including analyzing accounts, preparing audit schedules and assisting the external auditors.
- Prepare tax schedules as assigned.
- Provide support for internal / external audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Attend physical inventories, assess compliance with inventory procedures, and ensure that the book-to-physical adjustment is properly recorded.
- Assist/support other departments as necessary.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.