Why Join Altec?
Altec is looking for a Composites Engineer graduating in Fall 2020 to join the team located in St. Joseph, MO! This position will work within the manufacturing plants, while also supporting product design and development processes within the manufacturing environment. It is a challenging position with high visibility to senior management, requiring a hands-on, self-motivated individual.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
- Pursuing an ABET EAC certified degree in Engineering required
- A degree in one of the following majors preferred:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Science Engineering
- Familiarity with composites or materials development ideas highly preferred:
- Filament winding
- Vacuum infusion (VARTM)
- Centrifugal casting
- Resin Transfer Molding (LRTM/RTM)
- Fiber reinforced thermoplastic compression molding
- Preferred: Experience in Solid Works and Ansys (FEA)
- Design, modify, and/or apply components and system using engineering methods and techniques to meet specified technical objectives on time.
- Analyze and solve complex product design, application, manufacturing, installation and service problems.
- Create unique original product designs which may be patentable.
- Direct other engineers and technical support personnel to carry out specific design tasks.
- Analyze competitive product designs and report findings.
- Implement defect prevention procedures or processes in product design or application.
- Analyze new technologies for potential application in utility equipment.
- Develops standards and procedures used in the design and manufacture of CAD products.
- Provides technical leadership for supervisors.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
- Retirement 401(k) Program
- Vacation and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.