Why Join Altec?
Altec is currently recruiting Controls Co-Ops for a one semester commitment, from January-June 2021. Positions are located at the Altec Midwest Facility in St. Joseph, MO. Altec provides housing as well as a competitive hourly wage.
Building on 90 years of growth and success, Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is leading the industry and setting the standard of excellence.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family- Financial Stability - Integrity - People Are Our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - Teamwork
The Altec Controls Group is responsible for various aspects of control system design. The Altec control system design process involves working with customers to develop an idea and support it through the Altec Product Development Process and into the hands of our customers. This includes:
• Requirements generation and definition
• Initial conceptual design
• Prototype design and build
• Component and sensor selection
• Meeting functional and safety performance requirements
• Cost benefit analysis
• Electrical layout and design
• Design optimization for manufacturability and service
• Customer interfacing including direct customer support
The Altec Controls Group utilizes the Model Based Design methodology via The Mathworks Matlab and Simulink controls development environment. We seek to implement classical closed loop controls, with an eye towards emerging advanced controls strategies. Beneficial skills within the Altec Controls Group include:
• Embedded control calibration using Vector CANape
• Embedded and/or Real Time Operating systems
• CAN digital communication protocol
• Providing written and verbal technical support to manufacturing and sales associates
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.