Why Join Altec?
Altec is a leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. The company provides products and services in more than 100 countries throughout the world, drawing on 90+ years of experience. Join a company that custom designs, manufactures, assembles, sells, and services products that are industry leaders.
The Altec Service Group has service centers and an extensive fleet of mobile service vehicles and technicians across the United States and Canada. The purpose of the Mobile Service Supervisor is to oversee activities of Mobile Service Technicians. Ensure quality repair and maintenance of equipment, such that all jobs are completed with regard to Altec’s values while achieving customer goals.
Please send resume to [email protected]
And apply now at https://jobs.altec.com
Basic Qualifications, Experience, and Skills Required
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- OR High School Diploma or GED is required with one of the below:
- A minimum of two years of supervisory experience at another manufacturing or service operation (other than Altec) required
- Min two years’ experience in a manufacturing or service environment and two years as an Altec Group Lead
- Min five years of experience in Altec manufacturing or service
In addition to one of the above,
- Strong PC skills are required using spreadsheets, word processing and other office management applications
- Mechanical aptitude is required
- Product or industry knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of hydraulic schematics is helpful
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; knowledge of Oracle and Lotus Notes preferred; Computer skills required
- Leadership and communication skills
- Current valid Driver’s License is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel up to 25% of the time
Successful supervisors have a passion for customer service and for helping others. This individual thrives in a fast-paced environment, where organization and flexibility are necessary skills.
- Work with Mobile Service Technician (MST) and customer to establish the most efficient and effective schedule for the MST
- Oversee daily activities (customer repairs, expense management, fleet maintenance) to ensure customer satisfaction and profitability
- Enable continuous training for new and current technicians.
- Have safety and environmental considerations and regulations figure prominently in mindset and practice.
- Ensure efficient and effective work methods
- Champion and implement process improvement.
- Responsible to communicate with Material Control department to ensure proper parts are available for each job to prevent interruption of production while meeting customer requirements
- Maintain consistent communication with Altec Sales Account Managers in the territory to foster positive relationships between the account manager, technician and customer
- Foster team spirit in concert with Altec Values to maintain a successful Service Group within the overall Altec organization.
Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family - Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance and comprehensive benefits
Altec Industries Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Altec welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.